The client is a national quick service restaurant (QSR) chain, with over a billion dollars in annual sales. The company employs over 18,000 people and continues to grow through new store openings and acquisitions.
The quick service restaurant implemented JDE 8.0 back in 2004, and was several releases behind. The servers, databases and ancillary systems as part of their existing JDE 8.0 environment were also outdated.
A privately held quick service restaurant chain that had aggressive plans to grow from 250 stores/$300M revenue to over 100 stores/$1B in annual sales.
Smartbridge personnel, through their previous association with Arthur Andersen business consulting, established a strategic process maturity model and design, and a technology implementation roadmap necessary to achieve the capabilities needed to realize the client’s corporate vision and goals.
Smartbridge assessed and helped the restaurant select a new ERP system and plan the ERP implementation to enable the client’s future standardized business processes and technology needs. Our services included selection, and implementation of the ERP, along with building the customization and interfaces to support their specific restaurant needs for reconciling sales, managing labor, and accounting for inventory/food cost.
The QSR company is well positioned for future growth, with streamlined and standardized processes and an integrated enterprise. These include:
- Order-to-cash processes: Sales reconciliation module and interfaces to support deposits, credit card, gift cards
- Recruit-to-Retire processes: Time entry/management module to review, correct, and manage labor
- Implementation of payroll processing to support production of 20,000+ payroll checks/advices weekly
- Procure-to-pay processes: procurement, supply chain, inventory, vendor integration
- Financial Processes: AP, AR, GL, Fixed Assets, Financial reporting
- Property Management Processes: Lease payments, purchases
- Operational Processes: Ideal/Model/Actual Food cost calculation, and inventory management
- Integration of all modules as part of a single enterprise accounting system to produce both store level and company consolidated financial statements.